Sunday 24 March 2013

Maple Bookcases

  I've been busy building some bookcases for my friend Jody. Should have the finish on them this week.

  The cases are constructed from maple veneered plywood, and the moldings and face frames are of solid maple and the shelves are adjustable. The shelf parts will have solid edging on them soon and will receive the same finish as the cases themselves. Should look real nice once they are in there new home.

Here are some pics I took along the way. Click on the pics for a larger view.

After machining the plywood they are assembled into these rough cases.

The cases are linked together.

Mill and shape some solid maple wood and apply it to the face of the cases.

Mill and shape more maple and join them to create some nice crown moldings for the cases.

 Make some nice trimming for the bottom of the cases to finish them off.

And there you have it. 
It really doesn't happen that fast but what would be the fun in that.

  It'll be nice to get this large project out of the shop and get a little space back. Once I have some finish on them I will post some pictures. I am also working on a built in dresser and closets for our bedroom along with a seat under the window in between. I'll put up some pics of that in the future.

Thanks for looking
Ken





No comments:

Post a Comment