Wednesday 29 June 2011

What day is it?

  Hi, it has been some time since my last post. I try to put something up every week but this month was impossible. We've had Prom, Graduation, bike racing every weekend, repairing the bike during the week, massage therapy (my nervous system is coming back to life since the surgery, wicked muscle spasms), and helping Shannon with her garden shed. Some days I spend resting, doctor's orders.

  While Shannon ties up the shop painting the recycled doors and windows for the shed I did find enough room to make some odd items. One is a rack for Alex's many sunglasses. It seems all bike racers need many pairs of sunglasses, just like rock stars.

This isn't all of them. Lady GaGa couldn't wear so many in  a week.

  This did give me a chance to steam bend some walnut. I made a plywood steam box this time. It works very well. Mating the two pieces at the top was challenging but it was successful. Short on stainless steel rod so I used some wooden dowel to fill in until I pick up some more steel rod.

  Drunk with the success of building the sunglasses stand I though I would make a holder for Shannon's Black Berry. This might allow it to be found without having to phone or text to it. Shhh.... wait I can hear it, over there, as she walks silently like a ninja ready to pounce on the Black Berry upon first sight. I'm sure she isn't the only one who has done this before.

  I had some large cotter pins I picked up at the recycle store. I don't know why I grabbed them at the time, and I still don't, but they gave me a crazy idea. So these pictures say it all.



Thanks for reading
Until next time
Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment